|Cheating not cheating ;D|
Pork rinds (original or flavored- your choice)
1. Take a few handfuls of pork rinds and either hand crush them in a bowl or bag, or put them in a blender (as I did), until it forms somewhat of powder. You can add any seasonings you'd like at this point. This will be the breading for your onion rings.
2. Cut a few "rings" from your onion
3. Whisk 1-2 eggs (just depends on how many onion rings you're doing) together in a bowl. Put your pork rind powder in a separate bowl, and gather your onion rings near. It's time to bread them!
4. One at a time-- dip the onions in the egg, then transfer to the pork rinds and cover completely, then lay on a plate.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan on medium high heat and then add your onion rings. Turning them a few times, fry until breading is crispy and golden brown. Lay on paper towels to cool a bit and soak up any extra grease. Done. Enjoy!